Friday, February 20, 2009

Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
Jeremiah 29:13
“ And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”

My Search for God

Do you remember when you were little and you would play a game of hide and seek? One thing I remember vividly is the way it felt when I was “IT”. I can sum it up in one word: Lonely. I used to dread having to look for people, but I loved the feeling I got when I found the first person. It meant that I was no longer “IT.” The person whom I had found now had my burden and became “IT” on the next round. Is it coming back to you yet?

The Bible records the ultimate game of Hide and Seek. We are lonely, lost and sick of being “IT.” We are desperate for an encounter with God. Just like in the game, if we search for God diligently we will find Him. Except unlike the game, God is not hiding from us. When we find Him he then takes our sin burden and carries it away, In response we repent and turn away from our sins. God gives us every capability to find Him. One way to start is through His Word. It is a reassuring feeling to know that I will never be “IT” again in my relationship to God.

Isaiah 55:6-7
“Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him; and to our God for he will abundantly pardon.”

Today’s Prayer:

Thank You Lord for making yourself approachable and giving me the chance to find you. I want to search for you all my life, may I never give up. Thank you for delivering me from the awful sin burdens I had when I didn’t know you. I love you Lord, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love giving my burdens and problems to God for him to handle. For me it's often difficult because I have a HUGE issue with being impatient with God's timing of things. But I always try and remember that when we tag God to take the problem away, he isn't always going to solve it or make it better when you want him to. And when you do give your burdens over to him and completely relieves you, it is the most amazing feeling in the world and you have so much more passion for God then you did before! Thanks Chad! I liked this one a lot!