Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Psalms 107 1....Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

As we sit here and stuff our face or listen to all the stories are family tells, what are we thankful for this thanksgiving? Is it passing that class? Having a roof over your head? Having all the food you can eat?

But Thanksgiving wasn't start for you to get out of school and stuff your face. It was a day people set aside to give thanks to God for all they have and all they have to look forward to. We love to thank the people in our lives for making us who we are but when is the last time we thanked God. We shouldn't have to wait for a special holiday to do this. It says "Give thanks to the Lord," we should do this everyday. The Lord has given us one life to live and if we start thanking God for it now, living a life thankful for God, our lives will be changed and so will the people around us.

I am thankful for everyone in my life, my family, my church, all the students in the Cypress Student Ministry, but I am thankful that God's love for me has giving me all of these things in my life. His love for me will last forever, that is what I am thankful for this day and EVERYDAY.

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. :)



-Jared

Anonymous said...

very well put. I think it's hilarious that we forget to thank the only One who gives us the things we really need. He is our All- Suffient One :)

Anonymous said...

And I'm thankful for Winter retreat! Thanks Chad!
james