Saturday, March 7, 2009

Deserted Island

Romans 8:38
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

I love the question if your were stranded on a deserted Island what would you bring or if you could have three things what would they be? I have heard so many answers depending on the genre of who you ask. Things from a book, tv, cell phone so you can tell them where you are, lap top, a boat(haha nice), a friend/family, and food/water. Oh and I have gotten a few people saying Gods word, the Bible.

Its funny to me that its usually the last thought and answer when I ask that question, the Bible. Why is that? Why is God's word an after thought? We are always on a spiritual deserted island at different parts of our lives. We feel alone, we feel unloved, we feel like we have to have things to make us happy when all we need is God's love. The passage above tells us no matter WHERE WE ARE, college, work, home, on a deserted island, NOTHING can separate us from God's love for us. We can turn our backs, we can try to ignore it, but God's love will conquer all!You want to know what is TRUE LOVE then know,understand,and except God's love. Trust me when you do that, then the "island" you are on wont feel so alone.You might even need to escape to that "island" often and bring nothing with you then Gods word and Gods love.

As I sit on my "island" I feel at peace with God and the love he continues to show me is unmeasurable. I hope your "island" is full of God's love and you continue to seek it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is all so true Chad! I loved that same message you gave Sunday morning (2:00 am) at the Dodgeball Lock In. It made me realize how much i missed hearing your sermons on Wednesday night. I think the Lord really is all we need to live... and it would be so amazing if it were only me and Him on an Deserted Island. I would love that! Thank you so much for influencing all the students you know, and you don't know... and i am praying for you and your walk with God... and for your friend.

God Bless!
<3 Karis Roberts

Anonymous said...

I think that we get so consumed with the world and everything we do daily, that we forget the only thing we really need is God. There is so much that God wants to teach us, but we have to be willing to push everything aside and give it all to him. I forgot my phone at home today and so at school I kinda felt empty and weird without it, and that is the exact way we should feel when we go a day without God. Because when you spend time with God he makes you feel like you are the only one and you are on that deserted island, and believe me we all need that everyday!