Sunday, March 1, 2009

Good News is the best news

Praise be to the Father of compassion and the God at all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I love it when God just shows me how small I am and how BIG He is. The greatest thing in life besides the love from God is the love from family and friends. As I sit here on Sunday morning sipping my coffee and seeing the sun rise, I am greatful for so much. For the past several months its been hard being here in Houston and my family back home in Missouri, no before you starting thinking I am a little kid and home sick, its cause "I" cant take care of my family from here. This past Dec my mother was diagnoised with breast cancer. Talk about the ultimate gut check. I have been always the strong one (so I thought) when it comes to taking care of people and comforting them. It was something that came easy to me, to listen, help in anyway I can with peoples problems/issues. This one hit me blind sided and then did the ultimate upper cut! I COULDNT DO ANYTHING! Listening to my dad(my family rock) get upset, my brother sound stressed, and my mom just cry, I felt more helpless then I have ever felt. My mother would send me scriptures weekly, something that spoke to her or something that comforted her. I would pray, the church would pray but its one of those things that in the back of your mind is it enough? I mean I believe in God and the power of pray but when its my mother its like you want to make sure He hears you, that your prayer is the top of the list.

Well with several weeks of prayer, encouragement scriptiures, crying, and radiation my mother completed her radiation. As she is physically and emotionally exhausted she never once doubted God and his ability to hear her and others prayer.Its funny to me how my mother still at the age of 30, can still teach me things. I walked into my bathroom and this verse was sitting on my counter. Wow! God is good.

Thank you God for listening even though I didnt always.

No comments: