Sunday, November 2, 2008

God Flexing His Muscles

Today is going to be a simple devo, why you ask? Sometimes we need to not read these to spend time with God, we need to be in prayer and talking with Him. Having a relationship with Christ needs to be a intimate one. So I am going to encourage you to be in prayer during this time. Pray for this Country, pray for your struggles, your fam, forgiveness, etc. But once you talk to Him give Him time to respond to you before you say Amen. Remember the strength of God, remember how strong He is and feel Him holding you up away from things.

Isa 41:10- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

4 comments:

lsprkr said...

Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10. That's exactly what I plan on doing today! I need some time with God.

-lisa

Anonymous said...

And when you don't take time with God you feel like I do today: totally dependent upon the circumstances for a fleeting happiness. Whereas God will provide a joy that last through all trials and tribulations.


James

Anonymous said...

Be still...ha ha. I heard a student say today that "waiting patiently" means waiting without getting upset or frustrated. We can say all we want that we are "waiting" for the Lord to speak to us...but what happens when he doesn't respond the way we want or in the timing we want....we get upset or frustrated.
Waiting patiently...it is then that we learn the power of God in our lives and how much we are willing to sacrifice of our pride and agenda simply to know that He is God.
He is God...we are not.

Anonymous said...

this is what i needed to read,lately i keep trying to lean on other people to help me through my tough times then i tend to end up with dissapointment, when the whole time i should of been running to my Bible and of course God, thanks chad :)