Friday, October 31, 2008

RESOLUTIONS

John 15:4-5
Fruit doesn't appear in a grocery store out of nowhere. It comes from fruit-bearing plants. It starts on a vine, tree, or bush. There is your fruit lesson for the day!

See but we have a vine too. Christ taught that he is the one True Vine. We are the branches. If we want to bear good fruit, if we want to mature spiritually, we have to "abide" or "remain in" or "stay connected"to him.

Fruit won't grow on a branch that's not in total contact with the vine. So our human promises, the ones we make without tapping into his power, mean little. WE break them! Trying on our own to be good,without Christ's help, gets us nowwhere. We wear out to easily. What matters is relying on God, through his promises, to forgive us. live in us, teach us, and encourage us, and to be close to us as we stay close him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this could not have been a more perfect message for today, it is an amazing example of how we need to stay connected to christ, because he's the only true way!

Anonymous said...

I think people loose sight in that though. We get too caught up in our earthly lives that we forget about our heavenly father and how much he has waiting for us.
We cant keep living our lives putting other impertinent objects and problems before our God. Those things should seem small. But our God is a forgiving one and so he will forgive us for our callow youth.
I think you said it all-we really do rely on God to help us sustain the goodness that lives in us. We can claim to be rightous people but without Christ propping us up, it is inevitable that we will collapse!
Good message, even though I'm a day late...

lsprkr said...

When I'm away from God, I fall apart. I can feel the difference, like fruit that has been picked off the vine and starts to wither and die. But when I'm connected to God I continue to grow and live. I like it that way because it reminds me that I need Him and I can't do it on my own.

-lisa