Thursday, October 2, 2008

How we need to live

Romans 12:2 Don’t be like the people of this world but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him

God knows your potential. He gave it to you. He understands your weakness. He sees past your inabilities. He has complete confidence in the person you can be. Only God can help you reach your potential. Only He can give you strength beyond your weaknesses. Only he can give you lasting fulfillment. But your attention has to be on Him, not on measuring up to others. And it you’re focusing on the wrong things, He may use extreme measures to get your attention.

We strive as humans to measure up but who is doing the measuring? Majority of the time its ourselves or the world when it should be God. As you read these reads these words think of your life and who are you trying to measure up to, who are you allowing to do the measuring? I want to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog!! It's often so hard to keep focused on what is really important, and it's so good to slow down enough to re-focus sometimes. God has blessed me so much over the past several years, and I'm so glad to see He has blessed you so well too.

Anonymous said...

I felt like i was far away from God this morning. I looked up this verse in my Bible, and it helped. Then i came on here, and it was right there. God knows just what you want, when you want it.

Anonymous said...

"He may use extreme measures to get your attention."

Ha yeahh he did get my attention. And yes i grounded for a month, but in a way im happy becuase now instead of fouscing on what im doing this weekend, im looking forward to spending one on one time with god. And i think thats what god was been wanting out for me for a long time.

"We strive as humans to measure up but who is doing the measuring? Majority of the time its ourselves"

I know that i struggle with that, Im always thinking about what other people think about me. Ha, did that make sense? But now i guess that i have just realized that god should be the only one measuring me in my life, and he is the only one that i should have to "impress" i guess you could sayy. And me know that in the make of my head, helps me through out the day, when im getting dressed, and just the little stuff like that.

-Kristen (:

Anonymous said...

Thats a good thing to remember.
Hopefully everyone else that reads this will think the same, or atleast people who take the time to read this. Do not conform to the earth.