Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Venti vanilla americano aka My Starbucks drug

What parts of life last forever?
Read 1 Corinthians 3:10-15

Think of all of life's thrills and peak moments: an afternoon with your buddies, sleepovers, a new favorite song on your ipod, winning a game, your dog licking your face off when you walk in the door, or my favorite, the taste of your favorite starbucks drink...MMMM.

But is that all there is? IF you admit there is more to life than your favorite starbucks drink to your peers, I and your friends might look at you weird(HAHA). No but they might think you are too serious, too much on the fringe, they might just leave you all alone. No one wants to be around someone that thinks "to serious", or that life is bigger then them.

I mean God created the things we use to make those great drinks from starbucks to enjoy. But he also points out that the ONLY things that are connected to Him will last forever. Anything built on Jesus-enjoying things His way, doing His will, following Him-matters for enternity. Anything done without Him-jumping out of bounds, leaping into sin, doing your own thing-will be gone in a flash.
God wants us to have more than fluffy friendship, He invites you to TOTAL DEVOTION.

If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay, or straw, his work will be shown for what it is. 1Corinthians 3:12-13

You are NEVER ALONE, GOD never temps us, if its Gods will then we will never leave us or forsake us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great blog!. I sometimes think the temptations and pressure of jumping out of bounds, or leaping into sin is so great that I lose sight of what I should be doing and which path I should be going down. Thats usually when i have a "attitude check", talk to haley &/or close friends, or I txt you chad! lol
have a great day man!

-Trey

Anonymous said...

I used to think life was all about me. What I did, what I felt, what I wanted, where I wanted to go. I would feel great for a little while but when those things faded I was left feeling even emptier and more alone. I felt disappointed in God like HE had let ME down. I didn’t realize that the thing of this world were the ones letting me down, not God. That my hope put in anything else other than God would always disappoint me in the end. No, God is the one thing I can count on no matter what. He has been with me through everything, He cried with me, laughed with me, walked with me, and hurt with me. If only I had known this truth earlier…

I’m on my way to refill my coffee mug and to spend time with my creator, building a relationship 'on a foundation that has already been laid, Jesus Christ.'

-lisa