Sunday, October 5, 2008

People of Courage

"Be men of courage, be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13)
Never pray for an easier life - pray to be a stronger person!
Never pray for tasks equal to your power - pray for power equal to your tasks.

We must remember that Christ will not lead us to greatness through an easy or self-indulgent life. Heaven is always above us, and we must continually be looking toward it. Some people always avoid things that are costly, or things that require self-denial, self-restraint, and self-sacrifice. Yet it is hard work and difficulties that ultimately lead us to greatness, for greatness is not found by walking the easy to find path laid out for us through the meadow. It is found by being sent to carve out ouw own path with our own hands.

What are you willing to sacrifice to reach the glorious mountain peaks of God's purpose for you?What heartaches will you endure, if they proved only to make you stronger, not just happier?

Stand up, speak out,
and bravelyin God's name
BE STRONG

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my life it has been true that God shows off the most when I am outside of my comfort zone. Because then I am not tempted to take the credit or glory because I know there is no way I would have been able to do it on my own. When we are willing to surrender and step out in faith, God gets all of the glory and that is exactly where He wants us.

-lisa

Anonymous said...

It is so true that you cannot grow stronger in your relationship with Christ with enduring hardships first. As painful as it seems...it strengthens your walk significantly.

After my friend moved away, I was devestated. For a while, I was mad at God. But after a little while, God showed me why this happened. He taught me to rely completely on Him. He showed me the verse in Proverbs 31 which says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge him and he will direct your paths."

I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to move on. Of course, I was way off. He also reminded me of Jeremiah 29:11.

Now I am happy and confident in knowing that God has a wonderful plan for my life. Not only have I grown closer to Christ, but he has also used me as a tool for others. I have been a mentor to a friend who is going through the same thing. And I have a heart that can relate to the pain and trials that we can overcome together.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful as always.

Anonymous said...

wow perfect for my whole situation this past week
but its trully amazing how you could have the worst week and going to god really changes and it keeps me so strong in the end

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish when I was tempted I would always come out on top, I don't, which I always say to myself, "Why do I get tempted? Can I just go through life not being tempted?", but if I don't face my struggles I will remain weak cause I wont know how to overcome temptation.

Anonymous said...

Something that Chad taught us one sunday that has stuck with me for over a year now, is that God gives us opportunities. When we pray for patience, God gives us opportunities to be patient. God is always giving us opportunities, it is what we do with those opportunities that makes us stronger.

Anonymous said...

I love when you said "heaven is above us, we muat always look toward it."

Because when im lost i just ask my self, wheres heaven?
-Kris (: