Monday, October 6, 2008

Daily Devo 2 Walking down hill

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. Pslam 138:7

This is a good verse of things that are going on right now in our community, trying to rebuild oave a great storm. But so many times in our lives we walk through a pretty hard storm and we never see the storm as something we must walk through. Once we are in the storm of our lives we often dont see God protecting us, helping us, guiding us through the storm. We think its to tough to get through the storm, When God is there leading, pushing, but still protecting us. We must never forget that in all of our lives we will go through several storms but we must never forget who will be in the center of that trouble storm helping us.

The Hebrew of this verse literally means to "go on in the center of trouble." What descriptive words! and once we have called on God during our time of trouble, pleads His promises of deliverance but not received it and continued to be oppressed by the Enemy until we are in the very thick of the battle or the "center of trouble" others may tell us, "Dont bother the teachers any more" Luke 8:49

When Martha said"Lord,... if you had been here, my brother would not have died"John 11:21, Jesus countered her lack of hope with His greater promise, "You brother will rise again" John 11:23. And when we walk " in the center of the trouble" and are tempted to think, like Martha, that we are the past of the point of ever being delivered, our Lord also answers us with a promise from His Word: "though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life".

Although His Answer seems so long in coming and we continue to walk in trouble, "the center of trouble is the place where He preserves us, not the place where He fails us. "The cimes we continue to walk in the seeminly utter hopelessness are the very times He will "PS 128.He will bring our trouble to completion, causeing the Enemys attack to cease and to fail.

In light of this what reason would there ever be for us to worry?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems pretty crazy that there are so many times when I worry about everything. I don't remind myself that God is there in the midst of our storms. I've never seen some of those verses before either! It's awesome to know God is on my side to help me and guide me.

Anonymous said...

Storms in life are hard and tough and never fun. I have been through many storms in my life and some of them I didn't get through very gracefully. There were times when I didn't trust God and I would get frustrated and angry. But, God always brought me through the storm. When I look back on those experiences I can see now that God was with me the whole time and He used those hard times to teach me things and grow my faith. Without those storms, would I understand how great His grace is? Would I know Him as Jehovah-jireh, my provider? Would I really understand how great and mighty His love for me truly is?

Why would we worry? I get caught thinking that maybe this time God won’t come through for me. That maybe I screwed up so badly that this time that God is going to give up on me. I have to look back and remind myself of the past storms I have been through and how God promises to ‘never leave (me) nor forsake (me)’ Joshua 1:5. He brought me out of that situation before and He is faithful to bring me out of this situation now. It’s hard and I’m still learning but I know without a doubt that God has never let me down and He never will.

-lisa

Anonymous said...

I know that I am guilty of ignoring God's push into that "storm". I always tell myself that God doesn't want me to go through this experience, it will hurt me to much. But it's how we learn!! Thanks Chad!