Sunday, October 12, 2008

Look out Below

Who runs your life when you're out and about on your own?

Even if you are perched at the tip of the highest office tower in downtown Houston, there is still someone above you.
Wether your kingdom consists of half a bedroom, a bunk bed, and a few video games - or sports car, your own bedroom, I-touch and a macbook, and the largest Movie collection in the world- you're not the master of the universe. You dont even rule your own life.
There's no escape: You serve somebody. The Bible says you're a salve either to whats wrong or to what's right (Romans 6:19), either to death or to life (Romans 8:6), either to Satan or to God(Ephesians 2:1-10)
Trying to run your own life is like leaping off your office tower. You WONT FLY!Life without God is a death spiral as sure as gravity. But to "hate" life and give yourself back to God-that means to stick close to him, obeying his commands -sends you soaring.
Growing up isn't getting free to finally rule the roost. It's your chance to choose for yourself to follow Jesus-to fly with the real Master of the universe.

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be John 12:26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chad. :) I enjoy all your entries. I hope you get better.

Anonymous said...

Why is it so easy to forget that God is the master of the universe? the one who is in control of our lives?

I think that once something good happens to us we forget to thank God, and give him all the credit. We feel like when something good happens we are just able to rule our lives until something bad comes along again and we just ask for His help once more.

This is like a story in the Old Testment when God delivered people out of Egypt...but they turned around and worshipped idols. We too have our ups and downs with God. I know that thanking God no matter what happens is a constant struggle in my life that I need to work on.