Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eleven against ONE

How can you keep your friendship with God Fresh?
Read Hebrews 10:23-25
Ok so I know for a fact that we all feel like we are to busy for God. We have school, homework, job, practice, video games, hanging out with friends, etc. I could go on and on but then I would run out of room to write the devo. How do I keep the frienship with God fresh?
The writer of Hebrews just explained to his readers their wild new friendship with God through Christ. Now he tells how to keep it going--and the key is to keep getting together with other followers of Jesus.

Loads of influences try to rip down our faith. SO you need to reinforce and rebuild yourself and your Christian friends through encouragement-talkins, praying, just sharing the coolness of being a Christian. Missing church or youth group hurts both you and the Christians you be helping. We all know things happen to make us miss church or youth group but where is this on your priority list?

When church conflicts with another activity, maybe you can reschedule on or the other. When you can't , church shouldnt lose, even when that means disappointing advisors or friends, or missing future opportunities. Make sense? Giving encouragement to others is enough, you must get encouraged as well. If we let the well run dry we are hurting ourselves and the people around us.

You would have to be a fool to walk out on a football field to take on a whole team by yourself. You would look up, see eleven mammoths charging to stomp your body, and run crying off the field. Why do you think you can stay in the game alone as a Christian--where the opponent intends to kill you(1 Peter 5:8)? You need your team or you wont survive.

Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing but let us encourage one another.
Hebrews 10:24-25

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a great example!!!! This morning I went to the Christian club at my school. We had the MOST AMAZING worship service EVER!!!! Had I missed that I might not have been able to keep a positive attitude through the quiz I had next period... So as he said "DON'T MISS NOTIN!!!" You may be missing the one thing that God was going to use to show you the plans he has for the rest of your day, week, month, or even life!!

James (the potato!)

Anonymous said...

"Even on my worst days I have learned that it's always better with Jesus" - Free Chapel

That's so true and it applies to friends who encourage me on a daily basis. I did life without God and Godly friends for way too long and I never want to go back.

Put in the effort to spend time with God and I promise He will not disappoint you.

-lisa

Unknown said...

can the title of this blog be "HELLO CAITLIN" seriously, i cant tell u how this scenario is the story of my life right now. its funny how strong u think you are at one point and then how easy it is to let go and stroll down the wrong path or maybe even taking steps back down your old path. i cant even explain the anger i have at myself for not making God my first priority because of my selfish desires. i need to go to him DAILY so that i can continue to grow in my faith instead of falling in the opposite direction.

a great analogy i was once told was that when you spend time with God he is constantly filling up your cup; and when you go through this life knowing that you're hit with trials and different temptations from the world you just have to keep coming back to him to fill your cup back up. he's always there to rebuild your relationship with him and to keep growing in him you just have to make the time.

Anonymous said...

this is why its so important to surround yourself with positive people. i dont know what i would do without my friends and everyone from wend. nights!

-Trey

Anonymous said...

This is why im so glad isurround myself with christian friends, i can always go to them for advice that i know is coming from a christian mind and trust them dearly - jordan

Anonymous said...

man sometimes god is two things in one- armor to protect and a hamock so you can trust all your worries with him. when im having that day long conversation with god its awesome.
ps. I HAVE INTERNET NOW! YAYA! the padre got me a highspeed card thing to plug into the laptop

-loocel